Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Trip to the Vet - AGAIN!?!

Well, old age is dogging me, and that isn't funny.

Because I've not been eating (well, I don't particularly care for the special diet, but sometimes I just don't feel like eating) and acting a bit differently (okay, not feeling that well), my people took me to the vet again. I was just there, it seems like!

So after feeling me up, the Vet took me to the back room. ARGH ... I really hate the back room. First she squeezed all my pee out and then took some blood and then "gave me fluids". That means that they put a hypo under my skin and slowly squeezed water in so that my body can absorb it.

Turns out that old animals are frequently dehydrated. That's no fun. And it complicates my liver problem and urinary tract infection. To boot, my urine and blood tests came back bad. My kidneys might not be functioning so great, but it might be the infection. So my people are going to have to learn how to "give me fluids" at home. And I'll have to take the extra pill longer and eat that crappy special diet longer.

Old age SUCKS.

On a funny note, the entire building could hear my growls and hisses while the Vet was doing her thing. Scared the dogs that were in the waiting room.

Not bad for an 18 year old Siamese, eh?

Me in my younger days. That's NOT Phil the Ugly Cardinal.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

Me Hope You Feel Better Soon! Me Is Impressed By Your Fortitude.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Lila said...

Poor baby!!!!

Hey Mahtahc, next time you should do an audioblog! D'oh!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Hobbes said...

You're right about old age. I'm glad to see you are still enjoying Birdie Vision entertainment.
weirsdo

6:46 PM  
Blogger the many Bs said...

Awwww, poor kitty cat. That must have hurt to have all of you pee squeezed out of you. Yikes! We're glad that you growled and hissed. That's the spirit! You keep that spunky attitude and feel better!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Not bad, at all. And, that back room. Such bad things happen back there.

Old age sucks for humans, too, by the way. We're all in it together...

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home