Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Reputation

I am now 18 years old. I have been going to the same vet since I was 8 weeks old. I've seen many a vet's assistant come and go. But my vet remains the same. She understands that I don't like the exams and shots. Sometimes I get really cranky.

Several years ago I was especially cranky. In fact, I was downright scary. After receiving several scratches, my vet finally called out "Get the comforter!!"

An assistant came in with an old bed comforter, in which I was wrapped so that she could finish giving me my shots. I growled and growled, but could not free myself. The assistant looked scared, but the vet was all business.

Afterwards, she wrote one word in my chart, in large print: COMFORTER

I was a marked cat.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tom & Icy said...

You sound like the kind of cat that we will not chase.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Fred said...

Playing hard to get, are we Icy?

3:39 PM  
Blogger the many Bs said...

You are one tough kitty. We won't mess with you either. When our birds go to the vet, she wraps them up like a burrito!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Lila said...

Wow, I guess TLP isn't the only one that Mahtahc Tom Pez has attacked!

7:30 AM  
Blogger The Lazy Iguana said...

My animals have been going to the same vet forever too. Dr. Calvin Perry Smith is great. But nothing can last forever. When the new cat went to the vet yesterday he was seen by the new vet. Dr. Smith is still there, but not every day.

Sake, my siamese looking mixed breed cat, has a red sticker on her record. The red sticker means that no less than two assisstants are in the room with the vet.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Chatham said...

Ah, a kindred spirit!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Logophile said...

Chat is a naughty cat...
(snicker snicker)
I don't chase cats, I think you all are quite nice, and I was raised to respect those who require some space, too bad they don't teach that to the vets!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home