Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sunday

Meow
Some humans call the way "the Tao."
All I know is it rhymes with Meow.

Meow is the beginning of all things,
The source of everything I want.
I don't actually need all things,
Although some humans think they do.
Food, shelter, catnip, and mice to catch
Are enough for me.
Although-- I will admit__
It's nice to have someone provide these things for me.
I do not know their names -- they are the Nameless Ones.
I just call them "Meow."
Meow. They come. They open the door.
I don't know how they do it.
But they do. They know the Meow.
Through the Meow, it is possible to perceive the Subtle.
Through the Meow, it is possible to get what you want.
The Tao of Meow--
The way to get the best of both worlds.
And when I have the best of both,
I lie down on a simple blanket
And contemplate the profound__
Even that which is more profound than the profound,
More subtle than and subtlety__
The purr of perfection
Which is the door to all contentment.
Meow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home