Thursday, March 30, 2006

Riding Shotgun

Well, I got duped into going to the V-E-T yesterday. My Dad and Cat Couch watch me closely (Dad even sometimes goes with me to the litterbox to see what I'm doing!) and they decided that they wanted Dr. Henry to check me out.

Dr. Henry is okay, but I don't like having her feel my belly or look in my mouth. THEN she took some blood from me! The whole office said that they could hear me growl. Apparently my chart is marked with some special notation about me being feisty or something.

Then Dr. Henry called later. Cat Couch listened to the phone machine thing three times, so I know what she said. My Liver Nzi-mee-thingies are up over 500, and my Kidnee Nzi-mee-thingies are 2.7. And I've lost One-Point-Three pounds since November.

Guess what? This means that Cat Couch has to stick me with the needle to give me hi-dray-shun EVERY DAY now. And Dad said that he will learn to stick me, too.

aaargh-ggrrr-wreow . . .

One good thing is that they'll give me food anytime I ask. Not always what I want, true, but they offer it. And I'm trying a new stinky-food that's pretty good so far.

And I must say that it was fun riding shotgun in Cat Couch's van. Usually she shoves me in the carrier box. This time she put on the body harness leash and seacured me to the front seat next to her. I got to look out the window there and back! She drove very gently so that I would not be bumped, and she said that she was impressed that I could keep my balance like that! Then on the way home, we stopped at the Twin's school to wait for school to be done. I got to look out the open window at all the birds in the bushes. That was nice.

NEW MEW: Cat Couch tells me that I should use the "abc check" thing. I have high ENZYME levels. I still don't know what that means.

8 Comments:

Blogger PrincessMia said...

I don't know anything about nzimee thingies or what that means. I hope it's ok. I do know what it means to be stabbed. And if you are telling me that you are going to get stabbed everyday, then, I think we need to alert the authorities or the animal welfare peoples. This is serious business. Also I think you are very brave to sit in the front seat of the monster with wheels. Mom tried to get me to do that once, but I was very skeered. I don't like those things at all.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

Angie gots to ride in the metal thingy wif our Mom and it wented off the road in the snows. She doesn't like goin to the v.e.t eifer. We wouldn't like gittin the sticky thing efurry day either but it will make you feel furry better we hope.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

Take care buddy! I'm glad you had a good ride to the vet, but better not to have to go there in the first place. We hope the enzyme thingy gets better soon.

5:28 PM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Oh no, we issorry you has to get hy-dray-shun efurry day. Our Mommy says to tell your catcouch and your daddy that she hadded to do the same thing for Ralphie when he was furry sick - efurry night for months. She knows that you and them won't be happy about it, and she says she's sorry, but shmaybe it will help your en-zymes.

6:03 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Yes Merlin's chart has Scratches and bites in big letters on it. He gets muzzled at the vet. Have you ever seen a cat in a muzzle? ~Shadow

7:53 PM  
Blogger Chatham said...

Shadow ~ my V-E-T uses a big blanket. I haven't seen a muzzle. That would be very sad!!

3:30 AM  
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

That was quite an adventure! At least the humans are taking good care of you.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

They always are tricking us......you would think we would learn.....I dont think I would do well without being constrained though.....I tend to yowl really loud if I am upset.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home