Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Manicure

My brother Salem and I give Cat Couch a hard time about trimming our claws. Dad and the Twin Girls won't even try to do it. So Cat Couch sneaks up on us during naps and trys to clip one or two at a time.

But I'm wise to her tactics!

But last week she discovered that she had been missing one of my dew claws. (She calls it my thumb claw.) She thought that my claw had started to grow into my pad, so she made an appointment to have the groomer at the Vet's do it.

Boy, I HATE going to the Vet's!

Cat Couch handed me over to the groomer, and she stayed out in the waiting room. She said that she could hear me growling and meowing angrily. Then the groomer went back out front to ask the Assistant to come back and help her with me. Cat Couch said that a woman with a large dog out front wondered what was going on because of all the noise I was making.

The groomer said that because I had "thick old cat claws", my dew claw pad wasn't too bad. Some kind of watery stuff was put on it and Cat Couch put more on later.

So now my Cat Couch is bragging to people that it took two people to trim the claws of a cat nearly 19 years old.

great.

14 Comments:

Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

Good for you! Next time aim to have at least 3 people.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Oh, Mom tries to trim my claws, but I get all squirmy and nibble her fingers. It tickles! So sometimes, she takes me to PetSmart where they puts me on a table and do it for her. That takes all the fun out of it, except for getting snuggled by new people.

10:38 AM  
Blogger lambj said...

As Victor said, he wiggles a lot so I get a few claws at a time. My DH and son are no help at all, unless I want them to stir up Trouble.

We had Bonnie front declawed for our safety - really! 8 years later, I still feel guilty, but we couldn't get her to stop scratching us, awake or asleep. The thought of triming her nails frightens me. It takes two at the vet to give her a shot.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

My turn! Good for you. Show 'em what you're made of. Are we not CATS?

10:43 AM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Good for you! Mom has to take Grampa Norton and Gramma Trixie to the vet to get clipped too. The vet just laughs becuase he thinks it's funny that 1 person cannot clip the nails of a senior catizen.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

My mom has said she must be really fortunate that Brach and I don't put up that much of a fuss when she gives us manicures.

When she says that, I hear her telling me I just need to try harder to tick her off.

It's all perspective.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Lila said...

Well done.

Sivle Sylvester Pez and Einna Hello Kitty Pez won't let me at all. It's pitiful. It was very easy to trim Eixnihps Garfield Pez's nails -- she would purr and look at me lovingly!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

We girls hate to have our beautiful nails cut! I do what Mom calls the belly yowl, Mittens growls. She does it way to often too.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi ...dizzy,dizzy haha!!
I hate the manicure, I hate the vets and the shower...my english is a little poor ,but I try to learn with yours =^.^=

8:04 AM  
Blogger The Crew said...

I am not a big fan of claw trims myself. So far I've let Mom do them, but by the time I'm 19 everyone in the neighborhood will be able to hear me complaining!

Maxwell Smartkitty
The Crew

1:27 PM  
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

You're a good ol cat. We like your stories. And we hate vets, too.

2:06 AM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Don't those human beans know we need our nails long? They should know that we don't like anything sharp coming near our claws or paws.

**ABBY

5:10 AM  
Blogger Mathias42 said...

OHHHHHH I HATE MY CLAWS BEING CLIPPED!

It usually involves lots of bandages in the people's arms.

8:00 AM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

You go ChatCat ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home