Thursday, July 13, 2006

And Now a Message From Our Sponsor . . .

Well, as you all know, I've been around a long time. Seen my share of the world. Chili Cook-offs and train rides. I've been around more than just my block.

Because I'm such an experienced feline, I was contacted by a public relations firm to try out a product. And of course I could not just turn my back on such an offer!

I tested Fresh Step's ® Scoopable Litter. I've been a Tidy Cat® Litter user for a very, very long time. I'm very particular about how clean the boxes are. Sometimes I have to go upstairs and get Dad to come down and scoop the litter. (Those Twin Girls aren't always on top of the job, you know.)

As a bit of a background, Dad is very fussy about cleanliness and ordor. Most of what he and Cat Couch get from the store are "odor free" because he hates smells of almost any kind.

So, on to the evaluation. Dad was afraid that I and Salem wouldn't like and use the boxes because has Fresh Step's ® Scoopable Litter a really different feel. It's more like soft sand. And it has a fragrance! But when Dad mentioned it, Cat Couch asked if it was too strong for him, and did he smell our ... ahem ... business? And he had to admit that he didn't.

Dad's fears were for naught. Salem and I used the new litter. No poopies or other messes around the house. Just in the boxes. And he had to admit that this litter does clump up peepee better than Tidy Cat (he says that Tidy Cat's® litter seems to make the clumped urine stick to the litterboxbag and Fresh Step's® doesn't.)

If you're not happy with your brand, consider this one. Conveniently located in your pet product aisle in your favorite store. Remember, your results may differ. Let me know what you think.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.

12 Comments:

Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Why are you cats too lazy to go outside like us dogs do?

5:56 PM  
Blogger Ayla said...

I prefer the EverClean that the Mom gets. It feels like sand and smells good. Also, it keeps the stinky pans from getting too stinky.

P.S. Going outside is too much of a hassle. It's not laziness. We just know how to take advantage of our humans.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the info. Do you find it clings to your paws and gets all over the tile? Our humans are ALWAYS complaining about that. -- Loyal (like we have a choice?) TidyC Users

7:50 PM  
Blogger Zeus said...

I'll have to keep this in mind since I have been used Arm&Hammer Multiple Cat Litter forever. Perhaps this one might be better for us too.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Chatham said...

F.O. - yeah, like I've got keys to the van. Dad is a coupon clipper, so now it will be which is cheapest at the moment.

I didn't hear any complaints about tracking, but I don't always listen to complaints, either.

Poor Icy ... try the indoors, especially in the winter. It gets cold in Ohio!

Zeus - I always say use what works and what makes you happy.

Ayla - I've not heard of that one.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

Maybe I'll give it another try. I was not too impressed the last time.

9:12 AM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

we just gotted that same litter- we likes it but mommy says that it's like trying to scoop cememt after we pee. but who cares about that. we likes it.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Gemini said...

Momma just gets the worlds best kitty litter... really! That's what it's called. I need to remind her to scoop as she took off so early this morning, I don't think she did!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Ayla said...

Chatham -

Here's the website for the Everclean:

http://www.everclean.com/

The Mom swears by it. We have nine kitties and two litter pans (which the Mom cleans daily). If our house doesn't stink then you know it has to be good stuff. :)

4:45 PM  
Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Our favorite cat stuff store has EverClean in bulk, so Mom gets that. She says it werks well an costs less than ofurs we tried.

I've nefur considered outside fur that. I wouldn't wanna do that when it's cold or hot (today) or rainin. Strange idea.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Chatham said...

Who would have thought "litter" would bring such a discussion! I can't imagine going outside. There is a kitty that uses our backyard and my beans get mad about it. He's a pretty chunky guy, so he is well taken care of. We just don't know where he lives.

Only where he poops.

12:58 PM  
Blogger The Crew said...

Hi Chatham

This is an update to your posting about testing the litter. We tested both our boxes and we think it controls odors better, but Mom says it's a little more expensive than what she normally buys for us.

She's still wondering where that company got our email and if every cat got a sample to test!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home