Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Guest Blogger

Today I am the Guest Blogger over at Waking Ambrose. Doggie Doug is a family friend, and is the papa of Lela and Willie (pictured here).

Every Wednesday Doug has a guest define a word that he gives them. Since many in my family have done this, I thought that I would give it a try. Catnip is my word; let me know if you like the way I defined it.

~~~~~~~

It's raining alot here in Pennsylvania. We can't use the water from the sinks, and my people are using paper plates and bowls and plastic spoons and forks. We might be able to use the sink water by Friday.

Our house is okay, but there are others who have to get out of the way of the creeks and rivers. The Susquehanna River, the big river here, is supposed to get to 25 feet today, and 17 feet is "flood". Cat Couch has the news on (she's such a newshound!) and most of the Beans on TV are talking about all the rain and the flooding.

I hope that everyone is safe from any rain and rivers that might be nearby!


8 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

Chatham, I liked how you defined that word. If only the river flowed milk, huh?

I bet the trees will be crowded today.

4:16 AM  
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

You did a great job for a cat!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Ayla said...

It's been raining here a lot but luckily it's more to the west. We've got some rivers nearby that will be flooding soon too. Makes me thankful I live on a really big hill.

8:18 AM  
Blogger The Crew said...

Congrats on being the guest speaker and your fine take on catnip. Stay dry!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Chatham, you handled that with your usual cool aplomb. Nice job.

Be careful out there, I don't want to hear that you ended up floating down the river!

11:05 AM  
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Chatham, nice definition of catnip! Take care down there in the Sus-qwa-hannah valley! Our mommy's mommy grew up "up river" of you and knows how bad the flooding from that river can be. We hopes your house doesn't get all wet!

11:53 AM  
Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Hope things get better for you soon wif the weather. It's a bummer isn't it? Good job on the nip!

*ABBY

9:07 AM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

It is all kinds of hot and dry here!

Oh, Momma says to tell you, it wasn't puke that she found when Daddy went fishing........

Patches Lady

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home